David Greenstein, Matt Masurka (Gigamesh), & Vignesh Hirudayakanth are the cofounders of Sound.xyz, a web3 platform that helps musicians host listening parties and engage with their fans.
Here is my conversation with David Greenstein, Matt Masurka (Gigamesh), & Vignesh Hirudayakanth, the cofounders at Sound.xyz.
Sound is a platform that helps musicians host listening parties and engage with their fans. It's a suite of tools that will grow over time to help musicians make a living using NFTs and other web3-native primitives.
I was particularly looking forward to this conversation since David, Matt, and Vignesh participated in Zeitgeist Season One and we got to work pretty closely together. They're moving fast and are working towards a beautiful vision of the world.
- 3:42 - Redefining engagement between artists and fans
- 7:23 - MySpace, HypeMachine, Optimism, and Friends With Benefits
- 12:50 - Using Discord DMs for recruiting
- 16:53 - NFTs as the perfect medium for music patronage
- 20:34 - Fair-play incentive structures for music
- 26:25 - Differentiating the first fan and the millionth fan
- 32:03 - The technical architecture underpinning Sound
- 34:33 - Getting to market and building in public
- 39:45 - Oshi breaks the website
- 41:37 - The Daniel Allan EP
- 42:14 - RAC and deploying to mainnet
- 44:12 - Zeitgeist’s impact